Saturday, October 31, 2009

Lily's Happy Halloween!!



Kevin and I carved these awesome pumpkins! Don't worry we have not quit going to school to take up professional pumpkin carving. We wanted to be good parents and give Lily all the wonderful Halloween experiences. It turned out that as Kevin and I carved outside, Lily ran around pushing a broom and playing in the mud and trying to eat dirt. She was not even interested. She is usually very curious and she likes pumpkins. So we thought that she would like to play in the pumpkin guts but she did not care at all. Oh well maybe next year.





She may not have loved pumpkin carving. But Lily loves candy. She is at such a fun age. Here she is running around the family room. Lily was a flower for Halloween. I didn't realize how cheesy that was when I bought the costume. I went shopping with Lily and when she saw this on the hanger she got really excited and pulled it off and then went running down the isle of the store. That made me decide that this was the costume for her.







Lily usually hates wearing hats. But she loves clothes. When she saw herself in the mirror she smiled so big and laughed. She loves this costume. Lily also loves candy but she is not really to keen on trick-or-treating. In the pic below she is getting some candy from her Great-Aunt Laura (that she sees very often) here and you would think that she is trying to give Lily medicine. Lily is leaning so far back. Laura finally gave up Lily would not even take it from me.




Even though Lily did not like Trick-or-Treating she loves candy. Here she is with a sort of crazy candy high look on her face. She has red skittle drool running down her chin. It is lovely isn't it? Anyway I think that Halloween was all in all a fun experience. (Don't worry Mom we didn't let her have a about three of pieces of candy. )



I hope everyone had a very nice Halloween. Hopefully Lily will sleep well tonight!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cutie! I love the flower costume...Lily has adorable taste. Molly also thinks it's pretty cool.

Matt and Alissa said...

Wow, look at all that hair!! So lucky. And it is so curly too. I love it. That costume is adorable. She get the idea of trick-or-treating next year. She will love it (jack-o-laterns too).

DaNette said...

I love her adorable curls! So cute, and that cheesy face in her flower costume. What an adorable girl. I love the picture of her leaning away from the candy, you have to wonder what is going on in her head...cute girl!

Angie said...

I love her curly hair! And I think it's HiLaRiOuS that you dressed her up as a flower!